RIPE’s mission is to advance a fair value for voluntary agricultural stewardship.
Agricultural producers and communities benefit in a system that aligns economic incentives with voluntary practices that enhances our soil, water and climate.
Rural Investment to Protect our Environment (RIPE) is a coalition of farmers, ranchers, agricultural trade associations and environmental organizations advancing a national policy that invests in rural America by enabling producers to earn a fair return for implementing voluntary conservation practices.
Under RIPE’s proposal, producers would earn equitable payments above implementation costs, economic losses during transition to new practices and future climate policy implications. All approved practices exceed $100 per acre or animal unit in public benefits such as soil health, clean water, water conservation, wildlife conservation and climate mitigation.
Our Five-Year Strategic Plan
The goals of RIPE’s five-year strategic plan, as developed in early 2023, are as follows:
- Build an impactful and diverse coalition to shape new climate funds to deliver equitable payments above costs.
- Integrate equity and inclusion principles in leadership, program and policy.
- Implement a successful pilot partnership and leverage producer interest to develop champions for expanding RIPE principles nationally.
- Once a national program is established, support implementation and dialogue to expand it through climate coalition opportunities.
- Establish RIPE as a successful, sustainable organization.