Watch our videos to learn more about RIPE.
- Why Farmers & Ranchers Support the RIPE Proposal to Pay Producers Above Costs for Conservation
- 2022 In Review: RIPE’s Breakout Year
- We Asked Producers Why They Back RIPE: Here’s What They Had to Say
- How the RIPE Volunteer Toolkit Can Help You Advance RIPE100 in the Farm Bill
- We’re Working to Get RIPE100 in the Farm Bill – Will You Help?
- Want to Help Spread the Word About RIPE100? Here Are A Few Simple Ways You Can Help!
- RIPE100 Would Cut Agricultural Greenhouse Gas Emissions by 58%
- Is the RIPE100 Plan of Paying Producers $100/Acre or AU Realistic? 3 Former USDA Leaders Say Yes
- RIPE Is Gaining Steam! Here’s How You Can Get Involved.
- RIPE100 Would Shake Up the Climate Policy Status Quo to Benefit Farmers, Ranchers and the Public
- Meet RIPE’s Producer-Leaders: Jim Whitaker, RIPE Steering Committee Member and Arkansas Rice Farmer
- Meet RIPE’s Producer-Leaders: Jimmy Emmons, RIPE Steering Committee Member, Third-Generation Farmer
Meet RIPE’s Producer-Leaders: Eunice Biel, VP of RIPE’s Board of Directors and a Dairy Farmer
- Meet RIPE’s Producer-Leaders: Curt Mether, RIPE Board President and Third-Generation Farmer
- Farmer Curt Mether: One of the Things I Like About RIPE Is It’s Voluntary With Incentives
- Farmer John Boyd Jr.: RIPE is ‘Huge Step in the Right Direction for America’s Farmers’
- RIPE Brings Diverse Groups Together to Benefit All Farmers
- Problem With Climate Policies: ‘Farmers Aren’t Going to Make a Decision That’s Going to Cost Them’
- How the RIPE100 Plan is Inclusive to Benefit America’s Farmers With $100 Per Acre Payments
- Farmer John Boyd Jr: I Commend RIPE for Taking Charge
- Farmer John Boyd Jr.: RIPE is ‘Right Opportunity and the Right People at the Table’
- Sustainable Agriculture Summit: Beyond the Elections Panel
RIPE in the News 2023
- RIPE program could access new funding for conservation (Page 18), Delta Farm Press, April 7.
- RIPE with opportunity (Page 18), The North Dakota Soybean Grower Magazine, April.
- RIPE proposal looks to reward producers for their environmental stewardship, Agweek, March 21.
RIPE Partnership (USDA Pilot) in the News
RIPE100 pilot payments could begin next spring, Farm Progress, Sept. 28. 2022
Arkansas lands part of $80 million for farming conservation pilot program, Talk Business and Politics, Sept. 27, 2022
Virginia Tech gets largest ever grant to fund smart farming efforts, The Roanoke Times, Sept. 20, 2022
Virginia Tech receives $80 million for climate change, Vegetable Growers News, Sept. 20, 2022
Virginia Tech receives $80 million for climate change, Fruit Growers News, Sept. 20, 2022
$80 Million Grant to Create N.D., Minnesota, Arkansas, Virginia Climate-Smart Ag Project, North Dakota Ag Connection, Sept. 20, 2022
Virginia Tech offers $54 million to climate-friendly farmers, WRIC – ABC 8 News, Sept. 20, 2022
Va. Tech receives record $80 million grant to help farmers implement climate-smart practices, Morning Ag Clips, Sept. 19. 2022
Virginia Tech receives $80 million grant, largest in school history, The Franklin News-Post, Sept. 19. 2022
Va. Tech receives record $80M grant for climate-smart farming, Virginia Business, Sept. 19, 2022
Program to prove $100/acre for carbon sequestration, Successful Farming, Sept. 16, 2022
Virginia Tech receives record $80 million grant to help farmers implement climate-smart practices that could significantly reduce greenhouse gases, Virginia Tech, Sept. 16, 2022
RIPE in the News in 2022
- RIPE Leaders Seek Support for National Conservation Payments, Farm Progress, Oct. 26.
- RIPE Pilots Stewardship Program at $100/Acre or Animal Unit, Successful Farming, Oct. 26.
- RIPE Grows Ag Leadership Roster, Red River Farm Network, Oct. 21, 2022
- RIPE urges equitable payments above costs for conservation in Farm Bill platform, DRGNews.com, Oct. 14, 2022
- RIPE Pitches Higher Conservation/Climate Payments in Next Farm Bill, Progressive Farmer by DTN, Oct. 11, 2022
- Conservation programs get funding boost to help move on-farm climate smart practices forward, Farm Progress, Sept. 28, 2022
- Reaping Environmental Rewards: Food and ag businesses are leading stewardship efforts, John Deere’s The Furrow, June 1, 2022
- A New Approach to Conservation Benefits, The North Dakota Soybean Grower Magazine, Pages 18-19, June 2022
- RIPE Coalition applies for USDA Climate Smart pilot, Farm Progress, Farm Progress, May 23, 2022
- Farm group requests $100/acre or $100/animal unit to fight climate change, Minnesota Farm Guide, May 20, 2022
- USDA’s tall task: Picking winners for $1B climate-smart funding pool, Agri-Pulse, May 18, 202
- Producer-Led RIPE Expands Steering Committee, DRGNews.com, March 15, 2022
- Interview with Steering Committee Member Ed Kessel and RIPE Executive Director Aliza Wasserman-Drewes, Ag Central Radio Network, March 11, 2022
- USDA Program Adds New Twists to Selling Sustainable Agriculture, Public News Service, Feb. 24, 2022
- RIPE Opportunity for Farmers on Climate Change, Pacific Northwest Ag Network, Feb. 11, 2022
RIPE in the News in 2021
- RIPE program offers climate solution for farmers, Red River Farm Network, Dec. 11 2021
Farmer-led RIPE Expands Steering Committee with Two New Members, Rural Radio, Nov. 5, 2021
Farmer-led RIPE expands steering committee with two new members, Morning Ag Clips, Nov. 4, 2021
RIPE100 program rollout cost would be ‘modest,’ Farm Press, Oct. 22, 2021
- Could RIPE100 proposal be part of next farm bill?, Farm Press, Oct. 20, 2021
- RIPE: Pay farmers $100 per acre for conservation efforts, Farm Press, Oct. 18, 2021
- Group develops plan to ensure farmers are compensated for their conservation work (27:57), Adams on Agriculture, American Ag Network, Oct. 13, 2021
- Farmer-led coalition advancing $100/acre climate policy plan, KBHB Radio, Oct. 12, 2021
- Rural Investment To Protect Our Environment Advancing Climate Policy Plan, WNAX 570 AM, Oct. 12, 2021
- Ag coalition proposes climate mitigation for $100 an acre, Successful Farming, Oct. 12, 2021
- Ag coalition proposes climate mitigation for $100 an acre, FERN’s Ag Insider, Oct. 11, 2021
- Farmer-led Coalition Advancing $100/acre Climate Policy Plan, AgNet West Radio Network, Oct. 11, 2021
- Farmer-led group pushes $100 per acre climate policy plan, RFD TV, Oct. 11, 2021
- Farm Groups Join to Seek at Least $100 per Acre for USDA Conservation Program, Progressive Farmer by DTN, Oct. 7, 2021
BRAD DOYLE: Improving sustainable soybean stewardship, Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, Sept. 5, 2021
Besides the extra dollars you’re already earning from no-till, this climate-friendly practice is adding another $112 per acre in environmental value for the non-farm public, No-Till Farmer, August 2021
Mother Earth: Voluntary farming practices aim to aid farmers, protect environment, Northeast Arkansas Talk Business and Politics, August 2021
How Carbon May Become Another Crop for Farmers, Successful Farming, February 2021
Access podcasts and webinars featuring RIPE team members.
- AOA Sept. 2, Aliza Drewes Provides Update on RIPE, “Agriculture of America,” Sept. 2, 2022
- Rural Investment to Protect Our Environment with Martin Barbre, “Sorghum Smart Talk: Policy Edition,” June 20, 2022
- Episode 68: RIPE, “Working Ranch Radio Show,” April 29, 2022
- Episode 23: RIPE, Linder Farm Network “Field Talk Podcast,” April 20, 2022
- “The Farm Bill Gets RIPE! Sustainable Ag Policy Gets Its Day In The Sun”, “14th & G” podcast, March 2022
- “Budding program seeks to pay producers for environmental efforts,” Agri-Pulse “DriveTime”podcast, March 18, 2022
Southern Plains Podcast #53, Aliza Wasserman-Drewes, Exec. Director, RIPE, “Southern Plains Podcast,” March 18. 2022
“A look back at the growing season and RIPE with ND Grain Growers VP Ed Kessel,” AgNews890.com, “Farm Talk Podcasts,” Dec. 8, 2021
- A Conversation About Climate Policy That Integrates Fair and Forward-Looking Agricultural Solutions, Minnesota Farmers Union Presents In the Tractor Seat, October 2021
- Farming for the Future: Ecosystem Markets, Beyond Carbon Webinar, Illinois Sustainable Ag Partnership, July 2021
- This New USDA Program Could Pay Farmers $100 Per Acre, Farming the Countryside Podcast, April 2021
- The Limits of Soil Carbon Sequestration Webinar, Breakthrough Institute, September, 2020
Read our monthly newsletters.
Access RIPE press releases, logos and other resources.
RIPE logo – transparent background
PRESS RELEASE: RIPE Grows Ag Leadership Roster, Oct. 20, 2022
PRESS RELEASE: Producer-Led RIPE Unveils Farm Bill Platform
PRESS RELEASE: RIPE, Partners Awarded $80M to Pilot Groundbreaking Conservation Program Offering Ag Producers $100/Acre or AU
PRESS RELEASE: IRA Offers Opportunity to Shift From Cost-Share to Reasonable Return for Ag Producers – Aug. 17, 2022
PRESS RELEASE: National Latino Farmers and Ranchers Joins RIPE Steering Committee – Aug. 15, 2022
PRESS RELEASE: National Sorghum Producers Is First National Commodity To Join RIPE Steering Committee – June 2, 2022
PRESS RELEASE: RIPE Adds Minnesota State Cattlemen’s Association As First Livestock Organization on Steering Committee – May 2, 2022
PRESS RELEASE: Producer-Led RIPE Expands Steering Committee With National Black Growers Council – Feb. 28, 2022
PRESS RELEASE: RIPE Offers Farmers, Ranchers Opportunity to Build Climate Policy That Works For Them and The Public – Feb. 10, 2022
PRESS RELEASE: Former USDA-Appointee Martin R. Barbre Joins RIPE Leadership – Dec. 7, 2021
PRESS RELEASE: RIPE Expands Steering Committee With Two New Members – Nov. 4, 2021
Access helpful links and downloadable resources.
- Downloadable PDF of a brief RIPE proposal presentation.
- Links to RIPE in the news, on podcasts and webinars, and in videos.
- RIPE’s email newsletter archive.
- Downloadable RIPE logo.