The Policy & Research volunteers are integrated into the RIPE team as core members and are treated as professional policy analysts. Each volunteer’s workplan will be designed in consultation with each volunteer’s interests, balanced with program priority needs. Volunteers will have a combination of research project responsibility and some administrative or communications support.
Volunteers will select their priority interests from a list of projects, similar to those listed below.
- Minimum payment policies deep dives, including crop insurance and commodity payments
- RFS and LCFS deep dives
- Case study creation for ecosystem service values for sustainable agriculture practices, relying on literature review and calculating average values
- Farm Stewardship plan research and analysis
- Analysis of how the Farm Bill and other agricultural policies have gained support
- Policy precedent research for efforts similar to elements in the RIPE100 Plan
- Research on state-specific policy landscapes, including policymakers, local voting districts, and top commodities and interest groups
View the full description here.
To express interest, please submit your resume and cover letter to Careers@RipeRoadmap.org as soon as possible and no later than May 10, 2021. Application are being reviewed on a rolling basis and opportunities will be offered to preferred candidates until all positions are filled. Please use the subject line “Research Volunteer Application.” Due to the high volume of applicants, we do not respond to all candidates.